Federal government of Somalia Should be ashamed Themselves the fight against a progressing Federal system and naked advocations of unitary system for mulling over to adopt and implement agreements on: resources sharing, revenue sharing, Power sharing, constitution reform, and the election scheme.
Enlighten what incumbent authorities of FGS misconceive!!!
Dating back on august, 1, 1988 formed Puntland after lost the hope of Somalia to get and restore a strong and functioning national government for Somalia, quickly Puntland community decided coming together to negotiate and discuss the establishment of the Puntland state by Politicians, intellectuals and traditional elders to conducted Puntland constitutional convection where the main aim was to instigate the federal system in Somalia, Puntland Government seeks from that time the reunifications of the scattered parties of Somalia nation, to make true that aspiration Puntland government sponsored series of conferences( Garowe1, Garowe2, Galkio) the outcome of these conferences is what resulted the current federal system of the Somalia, but woefully the incumbent authorities of the Somalia are misunderstood thoroughly the federal system of the Somalia and intervene the destiny of the federal member states while communities of the regional states are expecting from FGS to resolve any issues with federal member state in amicable manner.
I, as the member of Puntland Cabinet I deeply aware how Puntland government is committed to give a hand to the federal government on the areas of FGS failed suchlike the fight against Alshabab, Constitutional making and reforming process, the one man one vote election in 2020, the technical mechanisms of resource sharing, what comes my mind is how credibly dwell on FGs weakening the federal system and could even think about to spent millions of somalia resources to remove eligible Authorities ( Hirshabeele, southwest, Jawari) from the power and creations anarchy and agitations to Galmudug, CIC gave advice bulk of times but emerged to FGS to stick in mud and as my point of view will end up this filthy Game literally Somali proverb which was the one refuses the sibling’s advice will breaks his arm.
If the Mogadishu leaders are not willing to quickly mend their mistakes and if it continues the deepening rift between FGS and States instead off cooperating each other as the Abdirahman and every citizen of Somalia community can predict:
- May plunge the vulnerable areas of the country such as Banaadir back to the War era and full control of the militant group.
- FGS will fully fail the public service delivery and revenue maximization while
they’re busy interventions of the federal member states and diverting the Somalia public fund to oust some weak state administrations.
- The worsened cooperations and membership of states with FGS will transform from suspension relations to cutting ties status of undated period which will be and other huge setback for the region and FGS will pay the price as my point ofview.
- The country will face political fragility and constitutional crisis that will manned by a power brokers and will play standoff roles like Somalia Warlords era.
- Due to lack of federal system and clear roadmap of Mogadishu government may result withdrawal of Amisom and as obvious Somalia government exerts little control from Somalis and relaying on military support from Amisom this will force FGS to reallocate the embattalled capital to another city such as Kismayu or Garowe.
In my view towards the resolution of these issues remains unanswered is that the only glimmer of hope in this catastrophe is to understand the obligatory authority of the FGS and think twice that is not absolutely possible in any way imposing unitary system and to amend their mistakes before it’s too late, as a Puntland a founding fathers of Somalia federal system we’re anxious to violently overthrown again from the power like Siyad Barre regime since the president and the prime minister are now suffering a significant loss in confidence rating or to force to step-down the prime minister from the office to avert further chaos in the country, this shows the conspicuous silence of neighbor countries and international partners too after FGS failed to deliver all its promises directly or indirectly.
And Warn, for warning, profits the believers” (Koran AZ Zariyat 55)
Author and Political Analyst.
Abdirahman Sh.Salad Jawle